Tuesday 25 March 2008

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I miss Chicago. I miss the peeps from the department, my roommates, the I-House crew. I miss Hyde Park (I don't miss the snow, because yes, we happen to have that here too now, and it's messing with 'the system' in Belgium big time). I miss being able to have fried chicken, even though I only ate it once there. I miss talking English all the time and I hate people making fun of me for subconsciously slipping English words in my stories when I'm telling them about 'my' city. I even miss the banging (!) sound of the radiator in my apt at the times it was actually working and the annoying drip of the bathroom tap. Or Petey's alarm clock tune that kept going off. Yes, even all those kind of irritating things. I'm definitely Chi-sick.

I just realized I'm home. I just realized I felt much more at home in Chi-town, though. At least for now. I started crying. I have been brave and strong up to now, but I cracked. Better go to bed...

6 comments:

Koldito said...

The only things I can say are:

1) welcome to the club of expatriates
2) hope you get through the jet-lag soon.
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MiKntEWnfo

Anonymous said...

waarom bel je dan niet naar je vrienden
het heeft toch geen nut van altijd alles alleen te willen doen?

Anonymous said...

hey je weet dat je hier ook veel warme kan krijgen...grijp ze dan!

Anonymous said...

Als ik je mag komen troosten laat maar weten! Geen uur of weer houd me tegen, dat weet je hopelijk wel nog. Sta te popelen om je eindelijk terug te zien. Er ligt hier een hele dikke knuffel op jou te wachten. Bereid je maar voor om die in ontvangst te nemen

Beertje to the rescue :-)

Anonymous said...

Chicago misses you too! And today it's sunny and gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

hi lobke, its ryan we met at rock werchter, see i was paying attention, i looked for u on sunday but cudnt see you. hope u had a great weekend, was awesome meeting you, youre the sweetest girl i ever met which is y iv made the effort to search for you lol. my email is ryanyates_vision@hotmail.com

email me, add me to facebook or myspace or msn

i hope its actually u or im very embarresed lol