Sunday 23 March 2008

in one day I'll be outa here...

Last days are never cool. Packing, doing the last bit of laundry, more packing, saying goodbye, eating left-over food, trying to get rid of the last dollars (because who wants those in Europe), then realizing you still need some americamoney for something (luckily ATMs are all over the place here, even when you need them), more saying goodbye, trying to make everything fit into that one big bag until it starts dawning in on you that it will never do, plus that you've got wayyy too much luggage for a little girl anyway and you'll never be able to carry it to the airport, starting to worry about getting to the airport tomorrow, wondering whether you might wanna take that cab after all instead of the 'el', then realizing you will need more cash for that (here's where the ATMs come in again).

So no, last days are never cool (or: yes I worry too much).

Oh and saying goodbye once more, because for some reason I'm socially retarded when it comes to that. Awkward!

I still don't fully realize I'm not gonna be here next week, so today is just a regular awkward day to me. I've had those before, I can handle it. Even without crying. I think. Boohoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruk!!