Wednesday 5 March 2008

hold back!

Guys, I'm not really staying! No-one should freak out; I was just playing with the idea. I never seriously considered not taking that plane home in three weeks. Anyone who read the first reaction carefully (yes Luis, that's yours) knows I couldn't stay even if I wanted to: my damn visa expires. :-) And if I ever want to come back (which I do) I have to keep on pretending I'm an innocent little girl.

Apart from that, staying here sounds very appealing. I meet very cool new peeps (yes, I love that word) every day, especially at I-House and our very linguistics department, and every time the newest very cool new person asks me 'so how long will you be here for?' I realize I have to answer a smaller and smaller number of days. That is worrying. Luckily modern society has ways to keep in touch.

So no, I'm not staying. Yes, I will be home again, attending your parties, cheering you up on bad days and eating your food, from March 25th. One more reason why I decided it's better to go home is that I finally discovered something I don't like dealing with anymore. Something that's not as trivial as the salty/way too sweet food in restaurants. I can 'produce food' well enough to overcome that one. It's not even the snow or the cold (sorry, Chicagoans, I like it). The coming spring can do away with those anyway. It's the fact that it is harder to fully trust people here. Wait no, it's not harder, it's just wiser not to. And as I'm not wise, I'm often screwed by general hypocrisy. "No, I'm not actually your best friend, although I may act like I am. I'm just a mere vague acquaintance". (No reactions like "oh what happened?" please, because nothing did. It's a general attitude)

Peeps (jeej), I'm coming home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik kijk er naar uit :-)

Anonymous said...

Gernonimo!

(een sprongetje in de lucht)

Anonymous said...

hi,hi zotte patat...de paaseieren zullen klaarstaan ;)

Anonymous said...

en niet enkel de paaseieren :D

Beertje

Unknown said...

whow,
wil dat zeggen dat ik hier moet beginnen opruimen dan? Ik hoop dat ik de katten dan ergens tegenkom heb ze al effe niet meer gezien of gehoord.
hehe
neenee gene paniek ben van de week beginnen te schilderen in mijn nieuwe verblijfplaats en de rommel hier valt goed mee nen vuilzak of drie :)en nen afwas van hier tot ginder. wat dat de katten betreft kata ligt in de zetel te maffe en freggel is mij aan het ambeteren zoals gewoonlijk ;)

groetjes en tot binnenkort.
oja moe ik iets speciaal indoen dat ge echt wel gemist hebt in amerika en dat hier gewoon te verkrijgen is in den delhaize.

Anonymous said...

En als we nu eens chocoladefondu maakten met paaseieren?

Anonymous said...

mijn mail komt eraan he, ma nu zit ik op mn werk(ja, werk, veel uitleg nog!) met kindjes die meekijken als ik mails verstuur